Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mr. LC: Fashion Forward?

I've been perusing other blogs lately and have noticed that most of the posts written in the last day or two are about accomplishments the blogger has made during 2011.  Some list their most popular posts or hopes for 2012.  I'm going to talk about Mr LC and the headgear worn by him during the past year.  Hold on to your hats, you're in for a treat.


My perennial favourite, the ball cap worn during flea marketing when it's too hot to breathe.




The wild and exciting scary actually 'do rag'. This is standard apparel for motorcyclists around these parts. Note: Mr. LC does not possess a motorcycle.





The standard Canadian toque with extra added ear flaps and tassels. ( I believe daughter was given this hat by a local brewery whilst in university.)


The winter scarf turned turban look. ( Please excuse the gold dollar store deer in the background.  Mr LC insists upon placing it in a prominent position every Christmas.)


Due to the severity of our winter conditions and the shortness of his hair,  Mr LC likes to come up with his own in-home style solutions.
Thank you Mr LC for your gracious approval of this blog post.  You are a tip top hat gentleman and a scholar.

Now Mr LC and all the inhabitants of the Loyalist Cottage wish you a bright and happy new year filled with many successes along the way.


New year's eve at the Loyalist Cottage
Oh, come on.  I bet your New Year's Eve was just as exciting as ours. And, I'm even showing you the ugly television!

16 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

I see that you're transitioning into a men's style blog. The turbin is very fresh and fashion forward. I think I'm going to have to steal that idea. Genius.

Pamela said...

You forgot to show the baby's feet!!

the domestic fringe said...

I think his head-styles are quite fashionable. At least he isn't wearing a chicken on his head. Yet.

Fr. LC would get along smashingly with FringeKid. I just know it!

Happy New year!
~FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

I'm loving Mr. LC! Mine wears a bandana under his ball cap so the sweat doesn't ruin the cap. It's down right embarrassing.

We did the same thing last night...I didn't even make it to midnight. I gave out my kisses early and went to bed. :)

I wish you both a great new year!

xo sarah

annie said...

The turban gives him a twist, I think. He looks like an illusionist balancing a dollar store deer on his nose! At least he isn't balancing a power tool on several blocks of wood! He is very versatile. You did have a lovely tree to watch on New Year's Eve.

Deb said...

Annie: I dare not tell Mr LC about the deer. He is very sensitive about it and his nose.

Makeminemidcentury said...

In all those photos, Mr LC is staring intently at something.

I like his concentration. And his millinery style.

Does he go out in public with the turban? If not, he should.

Deb said...

MMMC:If he went out wearing those things, he'd be all by himself!

Anonymous said...

I just love you sense of humour! Cracks me up every time. Tell Mr. LC that his sense of style is smashing. All the best for 2012!

Sacha said...

My favourite photo is the cosy pic of 4 socks! ;-D

I vote for a regular feature post: 'head gear of the week'.

Happy New Year!

Razmataz said...

The Do Rag wins....hands down.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh Great Swami, please tell me 2012 will be a prosperous year for......now just wait a minute here.....I thought that last pic of Mr. LC indicated he had some clairvoyant powers. I feel ripped off.

Shannon said...

Hilarious! Happy New Year!

the gardener's cottage said...

this is a hysterical post deb. i think with broken item of the week and this you are onto something! happy new year dear friend. xo janet

Raine and Sage said...

My favourite is undoubtedly the winter scarf turban. It makes me laugh; yet also think of Mahatma Gandhi.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

LOL! How did I miss this post! And you know everyone will want a gold deer now...